Welcome to Vox LibertasVox Libertas is my new blog dedicated to combating what I see as a trend away from the freedom that this country is based on and towards authoritarian rule. In order to get its message the broadest possible readership, I have posted versions of it to several major blogging services and am posting copies here to the web site I have run for more than a dozen years.
Versions of Vox Libertas can currently be found on the following services:
Vox Libertas Postings
You can get to individual Vox Libertas postings on this site in a couple of ways. The most recent ones are listed in the navigation bar (which is on the left side of this page in most page styles), or the complete list is available below.
- Welcome to Vox Libertas
- The Real Tragedy of 21st Century America
- The Issue of Habeas Corpus
- Alberto Gonzalez: “There is no expressed grant of habeas in the Constitution"
- Just What Is "Out of Line"?
- A Government of Men, Not Laws?
- Issues Demanding Action
- John Yoo: Historic Flaws, Part one of my review of John Yoo's The Powers of War and Peace
- What Is Wrong with CNN?
- Yoo: War-time powers NOT in effect, Part two of my review of John Yoo's The Powers of War and Peace
- Khalil, the Heretic,
"A Madrassa Grows In Brooklyn"? Named after Gibran? Really?!
Not contributed to the DailyKos
- Protecting the Republic The danger of Presidential power
- In Concord: (A series of thoughts and meditations at the Old North Bridge)
- Thank you, Sen. Dodd, an open letter to Senator Dodd regarding the FISA filibuster
- School Girl vs "Professional Journalist", a commentary on the sad state of journalism today.
- A house divided against itself cannot stand. We sometimes forget the import of Lincoln's famous warning.
- Quiet Revolutions Both the forces for and against the Rule of Law seem to be working in the shadows. That can't be good, can it?
- I think I understand the FISA bill. Do I? I'm not sure. Please let me know.
- Commander in Chief of all the American people? in which I question the appropriateness of what seems to becoming a nearly universal meme.
- On Sex and Evolution and Politics, in which I contemplate human nature, justice and politics
- Republicans, Republicanism and the Republic
In Concord - Details
The pictures illustrating the "In Concord" series are all posted on Flikr as a set. There is also a Google-based map showing where each of the pictures were taken.
View Larger Map
Pre-Vox Political Musings
Before I created Vox Libertas, I had written a number of web pages covering political and social issues that are somewhat similar to what I've been writing in my new blog. I've collected the most pertinent ones here.
- 9-11: America Victorious
- A Tale of Two Towers
- But are we protecting them?
- Portrait of a Hero
- On Love Trust and Commitment
- The Intermediary
- Revolutionary Communications